The sun is finally shining! Time to get the BBQ out before it disappears again. Serve with barbecued peppers and a mayonnaise mixed with chilli and
Preparation: 5 mins
Cooking: 15 mins
4 venison steaks
For the marinade:
150ml (Â¼ pint) red wine
2 tbsps French wholegrain mustard
1 tbsp soft brown sugar
2 tbsps tomato purÃ©e
1 tsp chilli powder (or to taste)
1 small onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- If the steaks are thickly cut, put each steak between two sheets of cling film and flatten with a rolling pin to about Â½â€ thick.
- Place all the marinade ingredients in a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Put the steaks in a dish and pour over the marinade. Cover with cling film, put in the fridge and leave to marinate for about 2
hours, turning occasionally.
- Drain the meat from the marinade, season on each side and place on a hot barbecue. Cook on each side turning regularly to
ensure even cooking.
- Baste occasionally with the remaining marinade to keep moist.