- 5 pheasant breasts
- 5-6 fresh sage leaves
- 100g of grated parmesan
- 10 slices of prosciutto
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper for seasoning
- Using a sharp knife score in a lattice fashion the underside of each breast.
- Season each breast with salt and pepper
- Finely chop the sage leaves and blend with the parmesan
- Evenly coat the pheasant breasts with the sage and parmesan crumble
- Lay two slices of prosciutto onto each breast and drizzle with olive oil
- Cover the breasts with cling film and beat with a rolling pin or frying pan until the breasts are 1cm in thickness
- Transfer the breasts prosciutto side down into a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat
- Trickle a small amount of olive oil over the top and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side
- If you prefer the prosciutto to be crispy – fry on the prosciutto side for an extra 30 seconds
We suggest you serve the pheasant breasts with sautéed potatoes and steamed kale for the perfect accompaniments.
Image Courtesy of Google Images.