Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Soup
Perfect for Autumn!
- 1 pumpkin
- Olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp crushed coriander seeds
- 1 onion
- 1 x 400g can of coconut milk
- 3 Tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 500ml vegetable stock
- Chilli flakes to garnish
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Chop the pumpkin into 8 pieces
- Remove the seeds and put the pumpkin skin side down on a baking tray
- Coat the pumpkin pieces with a little olive oil
- Put a small knob of butter on each pumpkin piece and shake over the cumin and the coriander generously.
- Oven roast until soft, usually about one hour
- Gently fry the onions in a little olive oil until lucent
- Hollow out the flesh out of the pumpkin pieces and add to the onions
- Puree the mixture with a potato masher or fork
- Add the coconut milk and Thai curry paste, stir continuously and bring the mixture to the boil
- Using a hand blender or potato masher process the pumpkin mixture into a puree
- Slowly add the stock, stirring well until you reach the thickness you desire
- Serve hot and garnish with chilli flakes